Friday, April 23, 2010

May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be!!!

As I approach the end of my 6th year of teaching and our 1st year of marriage, I can't help but reflect on this saying.

This is long and I hope I do not bore you toooooo much.....

Let's start with my 6 years of teaching. WOW!!! I really can't believe it has been that long. I started in Lubbock teaching 4 year olds. This was a difficult year, I had a principal that basically told my that I chose the wrong profession. She was so mean and last I heard she was forced to retire. I loved going to school at Tech and I learned so much about myself while I was there but in my heart I knew I needed to start a new journey. As God would have it, I got hired on as a 1st grade teacher in Elgin, Tx.(a town 20 min east of Austin). I really enjoyed living there (I had an amazing little rent house) and I was teaching with several girls my age. I thought to myself, "I could stay here for a while". The next school year came around and I wanted to try my hand at Kindergarten. AMAZING!!! It was such a wonderful year! The kids were just wonderful and I became so so attached.
In the mean time 4 hours away in Olfen Tx, my nieces and nephew were being born. I hated to miss out on so much but I was happy with my professional life. I would be lying if I told you I didn't get lonely. I wanted to find love and I wanted to be closer to my family.

This brings me to one wonderful night when I had no idea I was about to meet my future husband. I went out with my fabulous friend Lindsey Baer now Lindsey Dalrymple. We were just going to have a girls night, just relax and NOT think about boys!!! We are sitting in one of the many bars in Austin and in walks in Blake Schwertner and Nathan Glass.
Let's back track for just a second.....I have known of Nathan and Blake my whole life and have always thought Nathan was sooooooooooooo good looking. However, he had always had a girlfriend.
Back to that night......We said our hellos and introduced them to Lindsey and I asked Nathan where his girlfriend was. He said he didn't have one and boy did I get a rush. Being a girls night, we said our good byes,not before I gave my phone # to Blake (not for reasons you think), it was because he lived in New Braunfels(sp) and he wanted to go float the river. Let me try to make this shorter. Nathan ended up calling me and we saw each other again at Christmas Eve mass in Olfen.

Side note.......my Dad said when he saw Nathan look at me and smile he had a feeling something big was about to happen AWWWWW!!

Ok back to my long story, sorry, we kept in touch and with all my nieces and nephew being born, baptisms, birthdays, i was putting a lot of miles on my Jeep going back and forth from Olfen to Elgin. I didn't mind because I loved seeing Nathan too. Then, as God had planned, one of Nathan's friends from Miles was getting married to a girl from...... wait for it..........Elgin. Several people came in. My house was packed!!! We all had a blast. As they were driving away that Sunday, I called my mom and told her I was moving home at the end of the year and that I had met "the one"

I moved home with no job and very sad that I had given up my wonderful job as a kinder teacher. I found a job in Robert Lee at the last minute and although it started off rough, it has become a part of me. I love love love it here. I never saw myself teaching 4th and 5th graders but as God would have it, here I am!!!
However, the drive is so long and our gas bill is off the charts. With Nathan's job change our budget is a little tighter. A job opportunity has opened in Ballinger, which will cut my drive in half. I guess we will see what God has planned.

Nathan is still farming for the mean time. Poor thing does not know what he wants to be when he grows up. It is just so hard to find farm land around here. We are staying positive and putting it in God's hand.

Now for our love story......

Nathan and I will celebrate one year on June 6th. And what a year it has been!!!! I am writing this with tears of happiness in my eyes.

Here it goes......

In our first year, we have learned to love each other in a whole new way. It can be challenging at times but we always find ourselves quick to forgive and ask for forgiveness. We try not to take any moment for granted and remember to thank God for the AMAZING gift He has given us every chance we get.

We have had some times where we were very thankful to have God on our side. We lost our two dogs that we grew to love so much. It is crazy that you get so attached to animals. We now have a new dog Gretta, our little daschaund. She is just great!!
We have also learned that getting pregnant is so much harder than we thought. We wanted a honeymoon baby and have been trying ever since. However, God has other plans and we are totally ok with it. It does get really hard sometimes because not only are Shawn and Jamie having a baby, my sister and Justin are going to have their
3rd in November. We are so very excited and happy for them, but being human we can't help but get a little jealous and wonder why. But like I said before, God has His own timeline and we continue to pray for a baby and patience.

There is no doubt in my mind that I am exactly where I am suppose to be!!!!
We are excited to see what God has written for us.

Anyway, I think I have rambled on enough.....

God Bless you all ALWAYS!!!

2 comments:

  1. So your post made me laugh and cry. I remember about the time you met Nathan and remember when you told me you were moving home. I thought you were crazy - but then again, love makes us do crazy things!! Once I saw you with Nathan I knew you weren't crazy afterall. My heart has been heavy for you since I read in your post that you guys have been trying since you've been married. We have some other friends who we pray for every night who have been trying for a while too. We've added you guys to our list. Hopefully we can move you over to the list of people whose prayers have been answered soon! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jill!! I can't wait to meet Miss Abigail!!! I can't believe you are a mom!! I am having so many flash backs with a huge grin on my face. So so many amazing memories. Hope to see ya'll soon!!!

    ReplyDelete